Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 20. Special Procedures For Elections
- Section 900. Optically Scanned or Electronically Generated Ballots.
previous: Section 800
. Voting By Mail.
next: Section 910
. Standards for Voting Machines and Vote Tally Systems.
AS 15.20.900. Optically Scanned or Electronically Generated Ballots.
- (a) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this title, the director may adopt regulations that provide procedures for the
tabulation of electronically generated ballots or optically scanned ballots, including procedures for
- (1) tests of the counting programs developed for each precinct tabulator to ensure that the system is functioning
- (2) security for the voting and tabulation of ballots;
- (3) the transmission and accumulation of vote totals to assure the integrity of the vote counting process;
- (4) observation by the public of the counting process in the regional offices; and
- (5) the disposition of ballots.
- (b) The state ballot counting review board established under AS 15.10.180 shall test the counting programs for the
tabulation of electronically generated ballots or optically scanned ballots and certify their accuracy in accordance
with the regulations adopted under (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.