Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 20. Special Procedures For Elections
- Section 201. Time of District Absentee Ballot Counting Review.
previous: Section 200
. Time of District Canvass and For Counting Absentee Ballots. [Repealed, Sec. 231 Ch 100 SLA 1980. For Current Law, See AS 15.20.201
next: Section 203
. Procedure For District Absentee Ballot Counting Review.
AS 15.20.201. Time of District Absentee Ballot Counting Review.
- (a) No less than seven days preceding the day of election, the election supervisor, in the presence and with the
assistance of the district absentee ballot counting board, shall review all voter certificates of absentee ballots
received by that date. The review of absentee ballots shall continue at times designated by the election supervisor
- (b) Counting of absentee ballots that have been reviewed shall begin at 8:00 p.m., local time, on the day of the election
at places designated by each election supervisor and shall continue until all absentee ballots reviewed and eligible
for counting have been counted. The counting teams shall report the count of absentee ballots to the district absentee
ballot counting board. An election supervisor or an election official may not count absentee ballots before 8:00 p.m.,
local time, on the day of the election. Counting of the absentee ballots shall continue at times designated by the
election supervisor until all absentee ballots are counted.
- (c) Not later than the 15th day following the day of the election, the district absentee ballot counting board shall
certify the absentee ballot review.
- (d) Absentee ballots received in the office of an election supervisor after the completion of the district absentee ballot
counting review shall be forwarded immediately to the director by the most expeditious service.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.