Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 15. Elections and Ballots
- Section 32. Use of Electronically Generated Ballots.
previous: Section 30
. Preparation of Official Ballot.
next: Section 35
. Printing of Ballots and Other Material.
AS 15.15.032. Use of Electronically Generated Ballots.
- (a) If the director provides for voting by use of electronically generated ballots, the director shall provide balloting
equipment that would allow voters with disabilities, including those who are blind or visually impaired, to cast
private, independent, and verifiable ballots. The director may not provide for more than one machine that produces
electronically generated ballots in a precinct or in a regional supervisor's office, except where the director
determines that additional machines are needed to accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities, including
individuals with physical limitations or visual impairments.
- (b) Software for voting by use of electronically generated ballots shall be tested and certified under AS 15.20.900
- (c) The director shall provide for a paper record of each electronically generated ballot that can be
- (1) reviewed and corrected by the voter at the time the vote is cast; and
- (2) used for a recount of the votes cast at an election in which electronically generated ballots were used.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.