Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 13. State Election Campaigns
- Section 374. Advisory Opinion.
previous: Section 155
. Restrictions On Earned Income and Honoraria.
next: Section 380
. Violations; Limitations On Actions.
AS 15.13.374. Advisory Opinion.
- (a) Any person may request an advisory opinion from the commission concerning this chapter, AS 24.45, AS 24.60.200
- 24.60.260, or AS 39.50.
- (b) A request for an advisory opinion
- (1) must be in writing or contained in a message submitted by electronic mail;
- (2) must describe a specific transaction or activity that the requesting person is presently engaged in or intends to
undertake in the future;
- (3) must include a description of all relevant facts, including the identity of the person requesting the advisory
- (4) may not concern a hypothetical situation or the activity of a third party.
- (c) Within seven days after receiving a request satisfying the requirements of (b) of this section, the executive director
of the commission shall recommend a draft advisory opinion for the commission to consider at its next meeting.
- (d) The approval of a draft advisory opinion requires the affirmative vote of four members of the commission. A draft
advisory opinion failing to receive four affirmative votes of the members of the commission is disapproved.
- (e) A complaint under AS 15.13.380
may not be considered about a person involved in a transaction or activity that
- (1) was described in an advisory opinion approved under (d) of this section;
- (2) is indistinguishable from the description of an activity that was approved in an advisory opinion approved under (d)
of this section; or
- (3) was undertaken after the executive director of the commission recommended a draft advisory opinion under (c) of this
section and before the commission acted on the draft advisory opinion under (d) of this section, if
- (A) the draft advisory opinion would have approved the transaction or activity described; and
- (B) the commission disapproved the draft advisory opinion.
- (f) Advisory opinion requests and advisory opinions are public records subject to inspection and copying under AS 40.25.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.