Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 13. State Election Campaigns
- Section 155. Restrictions On Earned Income and Honoraria.
previous: Section 150
. Election Educational Activities Not Prohibited.
next: Section 374
. Advisory Opinion.
AS 15.13.155. Restrictions On Earned Income and Honoraria.
- (a) A candidate for the state legislature, for governor, or for lieutenant governor, including an individual campaigning
as a write-in candidate for the office, may not
- (1) seek or accept compensation for personal services that involves payments that are not commensurate with the services
rendered taking into account the higher rates generally charged by specialists in a profession; or
- (2) accept a payment of anything of value, except for actual and necessarily incurred travel expenses, for an appearance
or speech; this paragraph does not apply to the salary paid to the candidate for making an appearance or speech as part
of the candidate's normal course of employment.
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, a candidate for the state legislature, for governor, or for lieutenant governor,
including an individual campaigning as a write-in candidate for the office, may accept a payment for an appearance or
speech if the appearance or speech is not connected with the individual's status as a state official or as a candidate.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.