Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 43. Financial Aid Programs For Postsecondary Students
- Section 150. Order to Assign Wages For Defaulted Loan.
previous: Section 149
next: Section 151
. Authority and Procedure to Administratively Establish and Enforce a Collection Order.
AS 14.43.150. Order to Assign Wages For Defaulted Loan.
- (a) In a court proceeding regarding a defaulted loan under this chapter in which the court has entered judgment in favor
of the commission, the court may, on its own motion or motion of the commission, after notice and an opportunity for
hearing, order the loan recipient to assign to the commission that portion of salary or wages due the loan recipient
currently and in the future in an amount sufficient to pay the amount ordered by the court to be repaid to the
- (b) The order of assignment is binding upon an employer upon service of a copy of the order upon the employer and until
further order of the court or until the employment of the obligee is terminated. The employer may, for each payment
made under the order, deduct $1 from other wages or salary owed to the employee.
- (c) An employer may not terminate an employee's employment because wages of the employee are subject to an order under
- (d) An assignment of wages authorized under this section that is made under court order has priority as against an
attachment, execution, or other assignment, except for an assignment for payment of child support under AS 25.27.070
, restitution to a crime victim authorized under AS 12.55.045, or as otherwise ordered by the court.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.