Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 43. Financial Aid Programs For Postsecondary Students
- Section 149. Lien.
previous: Section 148
. Nonrenewal of License.
next: Section 150
. Order to Assign Wages For Defaulted Loan.
AS 14.43.149. Lien.
- (a) The amount owing on a loan that is in default under this chapter, including principal, interest, and collection costs,
is a lien upon all property and right to property, real or personal, belonging to the borrower. The lien arises at the
time that the commission mails or otherwise delivers a notice of default under AS 14.43.145
(b) and continues until the balance of the loan, including principal, interest, and collection costs, is paid in full.
- (b) A lien created under (a) of this section is
- (1) not valid against a mortgagee or other lienholder, pledgee, purchaser, or judgment creditor until notice of the lien
is recorded in the records of the recording district where the property subject to the lien is situated; and
- (2) subject to AS 40.19.040
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.