Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 27. Child Support Services Agency
- Section 70. Order to Assign Wages For Support.
previous: Section 65
. Waiver of Child Support.
next: Section 75
. Employment Information.
AS 25.27.070. Order to Assign Wages For Support.
- (a) In a proceeding in which the court has ordered either or both parents to pay for the support of a child, the court
may, on its own motion or motion of a party or the agency on behalf of a party, after notice and an opportunity for
hearing, order either parent or both parents to assign to the custodian of the child that portion of salary or wages of
either parent due them currently and in the future sufficient to pay the amount ordered by the court for the support,
maintenance, nurture and education of the child.
- (b) The order of assignment is binding upon an employer upon service of a copy of the order upon the employer and until
further order of the court. The employer may, for each payment made under the order, deduct $1 from other wages or
salary owed to the employee.
- (c) The assignment made under court order has priority as against an attachment, execution or other assignment unless
otherwise ordered by the court.
- (d) An employer may not terminate an employee's employment because wages of the employee are subject to an order under
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.