Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 18. Prohibition Against Discrimination Based On Sex or Race in Public Education
- Section 40. Discrimination in Recreational and Athletic Activities Prohibited.
previous: Section 30
. Discrimination in Counseling and Guidance Services Prohibited.
next: Section 50
. Discrimination in Course Offerings Prohibited.
AS 14.18.040. Discrimination in Recreational and Athletic Activities Prohibited.
- (a) Equal opportunity for both sexes in athletics and in recreation shall be provided in a manner that is commensurate
with the general interests of the members of each sex. Separate school-sponsored teams may be provided for each sex. A
school that sponsors separate teams in a particular sport shall provide equipment and supplies, services, and
opportunities, including use of courts, gymnasiums, and pools, to both teams with no disparities based on sex. A
school that provides showers, toilets, or training-room facilities for athletic or recreational purposes shall provide
comparable facilities for both sexes, either through the use of separate facilities or by scheduling separate use by
- (b) A school shall divide available evening time for athletic events fairly between events for each sex.
- (c) The board and the Board of Regents of the University of Alaska shall adopt procedures to determine on an annual basis
student interest in male and female participation in specific sports, athletics, and recreation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.