Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 17. Financing of Public Schools
- Section 900. Construction and Implementation of Chapter.
previous: Section 610
. Distribution of State Aid.
next: Section 905
. Facilities Constituting a School.
AS 14.17.900. Construction and Implementation of Chapter.
- (a) This chapter does not create a debt of the state. Each district shall establish, maintain, and operate under a
balanced budget. The state is not responsible for the debts of a school district.
- (b) Money to carry out the provisions of this chapter may be appropriated annually by the legislature into the public
education fund. If the amount appropriated to the fund for the purpose of this chapter is insufficient to meet the allocations authorized under AS 14.17.400
- 14.17.470 for a fiscal year, state aid shall be
reduced according to AS 14.17.400
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.