Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 17. Financing of Public Schools
- Section 400. State Aid For Districts.
previous: Section 300
. Public Education Fund.
next: Section 410
. Public School Funding.
AS 14.17.400. State Aid For Districts.
- (a) The state aid for which a school district is eligible in a fiscal year is equal to the amount for which a district
qualifies under AS 14.17.410.
- (b) If the amount appropriated to the public education fund for purposes of this chapter is insufficient to meet the amounts authorized under (a) of this section
for a fiscal year, the department shall reduce pro rata each district's basic need by the necessary percentage as
determined by the department. If the basic need of each district is reduced under this subsection, the department shall
also reduce state funding for centralized correspondence study and the state boarding school by the same percentage.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.