Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 17. Financing of Public Schools
- Section 490. Public School Funding Adjustments.
previous: Section 480
. Quality School Funding.
next: Section 500
. Student Count Estimate.
AS 14.17.490. Public School Funding Adjustments.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) - (e) of this section, if, in fiscal year 1999, a city or borough school district or a
regional educational attendance area would receive less public school funding under AS 14.17.410 than the district or area would have received
as state aid, the district or area is, in each fiscal year, eligible to receive additional public school funding equal
to the difference between the public school funding the district or area was eligible to receive under AS 14.17.410
in fiscal year 1999 and the state aid the district or area would have received in fiscal year 1999.
- (b) A city or borough school district is not eligible for additional funding authorized under (a) of this section unless,
during the fiscal year in which the district receives funding under (a) of this section, the district received a local
contribution equal to at least the equivalent of a four mill tax levy on the full and true value of the taxable real
and personal property in the district as of January 1 of the second preceding fiscal year as determined by the
Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development under AS 14.17.510
and AS 29.45.110.
- (c) For the purposes of the reduction required under AS 14.17.400
(b), funding authorized under (a) of this section is treated the same as the state share of public school funding under
- (d) Beginning in fiscal year 2000, if a district receives more public school funding under AS 14.17.410
than the district received in the preceding fiscal year, any amount received by the district under this section shall
be reduced. The amount of the reduction required under this subsection is equal to the amount of increase from the
preceding fiscal year in public school funding multiplied by 40 percent. In this subsection, "public school funding"
does not include funding under this section.
- (e) Beginning in fiscal year 2000, in each fiscal year, the department shall compare each district's ADM with the
district's ADM in fiscal year 1999. If the current fiscal year ADM is less than 95 percent of the district's ADM in
fiscal year 1999, the department shall reduce the district's public school funding calculated under (a) of this section
by a percentage equal to the percentage of decrease in the district's ADM.
- (f) For purposes of this section, "state aid" means state aid distributed under the provisions of AS 14.17, as those provisions read on January 1, 1998, and additional
district support appropriated by the legislature for fiscal year 1998.
Article 02. PREPARATION OF PUBLIC SCHOOL FUNDING BUDGET
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.