Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 11. Construction, Rehabilitation, and Improvement of Schools and Education- Related Facilities
- Section 8. School District Participation in Grant Program.
previous: Section 7
. Major Maintenance Grant Fund.
next: Section 10
. Recommendations and Evaluations of Projects. [Repealed, Sec. 15 Ch 5 SLA 1990].
AS 14.11.008. School District Participation in Grant Program.
- (a) In order to receive a grant under this chapter or an appropriation under AS 37.05.560
, a district must provide a percentage share of the project cost, as determined under (b) or (c) of this section. A
district shall provide the required participating share within three years after the date that the appropriation bill
funding the grant is passed by the legislature.
- (b) The required participating share for a municipal school district is based on the district's full value per average
daily membership (ADM), which is calculated by dividing the full and true value of the taxable real and personal
property in the district, calculated as described in AS 14.17.510
by the district ADM as defined in AS 14.17.990, for
the same fiscal year for which the valuation was made. The municipal district's full value per ADM determines the
district's required participating share, as follows:
Full Value Per ADM District Participating Share
$1 - $100,000 5 percent
100,001 - 200,000 10 percent
200,001 - 600,000 30 percent
over 600,000 35 percent.
- (c) The required participating share for a regional educational attendance area is two percent. The participating share
for any district may be satisfied by money from federal, local, or other sources, or with locally contributed labor,
material, or equipment.
- (d) If a district with full value per ADM of $200,000 or less can demonstrate in writing that it is unable to provide the
required participating share or that the participating share required under this section will jeopardize receipt of
federal assistance, the commissioner may waive all or a portion of the required participating share.
- (e) State funds provided under this chapter may not be a source of the participating share required under (b) or (c) of
- (f) [Repealed, Sec. 11 ch 3 SSSLA 2002].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.