Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 11. Construction, Rehabilitation, and Improvement of Schools and Education- Related Facilities
- Section 17. Grant Conditions.
previous: Section 16
. Administrative and Judicial Review.
next: Section 19
. Grant Appropriations.
AS 14.11.017. Grant Conditions.
- (a) The department shall require in the grant agreement that a municipality that is a school district or a regional
educational attendance area
- (1) agree to construction of a facility of appropriate size and use that meets criteria adopted by the department if the
grant is for school construction;
- (2) provide reasonable assurance by a means acceptable to the department, that the cost of the project will be uniform
with the costs of the most current construction or major maintenance projects, as appropriate, in the area;
- (3) agree to limit equipment purchases to that required for the approved project plan submitted under (5) of this
subsection and account for all equipment purchased for the project under a fixed asset inventory system approved by the
- (4) submit project budgets for department approval and agree that the grant amount may, at the discretion of the
department, be reduced or increased by amounts equal to the amounts by which contracts vary from the budget amounts
approved by the department; and
- (5) submit to the department for approval, before award of the contract, a plan for the project that includes educational
specifications, final drawings, and contract documents.
- (b) The cost of any school construction or major maintenance activity encompassed by the definition of "costs of school
construction" under AS 14.11.135
is payable under a grant awarded from the appropriate fund under AS 14.11.015
without regard to whether the costs were incurred before the
- (1) award of the grant;
- (2) approval of the grant application by the board; or
- (3) effective date of an appropriation to the appropriate grant fund for the year in which the grant is funded.
- (c) The department, by regulation, may establish the time period in which activities described in (b) of this section must
have occurred in order to be paid under a grant.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.