Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 11. Construction, Rehabilitation, and Improvement of Schools and Education- Related Facilities
- Section 135. Definitions.
previous: Section 132
next: Chapter 12
. Organization and Government of School System
AS 14.11.135. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise,
- (1) "approved school construction project" means the plan for a new school or an addition to or major rehabilitation of an
existing school to the extent that the plan has been approved by the commissioner under AS 14.07.020
- (2) "capital improvement project" or "project" means school construction or major maintenance;
- (3) "costs of school construction" means the cost of acquiring, constructing, enlarging, repairing, remodeling, equipping,
or furnishing of public elementary and secondary schools that are owned or operated by the state, a municipality, or a
district and includes the sum total of all costs of financing and carrying out the project; these include the costs of
all necessary studies, surveys, plans and specifications, architectural, engineering, or other special services,
acquisition of real property, site preparation and development, purchase, construction, reconstruction, and improvement
of real property and the acquisition of machinery and equipment that may be necessary in connection with the project;
an allocable portion of the administrative and operating expenses of the grantee; the cost of financing the project,
including interest on bonds issued to finance the project; and the cost of other items, including indemnity and surety
bonds and premiums on insurance, legal fees, fees and expenses of trustees, depositaries, financial advisors, and
paying agents for the bonds issued as the issuer considers necessary;
- (4) "district" means the districts described in AS 14.12.010
- (5) "grant" means a grant under this chapter for school construction or for major maintenance;
- (6) "major maintenance" means a project described in AS 14.11.013(a)(1)(C) or (D);
- (7) "school construction" means a project described in AS 14.11.013(a)(1)(A), (B), (E), (F), or (G).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.