Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 3. Public Schools Generally
- Section 80. Right to Attend School.
previous: Section 78
next: Section 83
. Contracting For Services.
AS 14.03.080. Right to Attend School.
- (a) A child of school age is entitled to attend public school without payment of tuition during the school term in the
school district in which the child is a resident subject to the provisions of AS 14.14.110
- (b) A person over school age may be admitted to the public school in the school district in which the person is a resident
at the discretion of the governing body of the school district. A person over school age may be charged tuition by the
governing body of the school district.
- (c) A child under school age may be admitted to a public school in the school district of which the child is a resident at
the discretion of the governing body of the school district if the child meets minimum standards prescribed by the
board evidencing that the child has the mental, physical, and emotional capacity to perform satisfactorily for the
educational program being offered. A district's educational program must prescribe that under school age students
advance through the curriculum or grade level by the following school year. A governing body may delegate the authority
granted under this subsection to the chief school administrator of the school district.
- (d) A child who is five years of age on or before September 1 following the beginning of the school year, and who is under
school age, may enter a public school kindergarten.
- (e) A child under school age shall be admitted to school in the district of which the child is a resident if immediately
before the child became a resident of the district, the child was legally enrolled in the public schools of another
district or state.
- (f) This section does not require a school district to admit a child or person currently under suspension or expulsion
under AS 14.03.160
in that or another school district.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.