Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 3. Public Schools Generally
- Section 78. Report.
previous: Section 77
. High School Diploma For Certain Veterans.
next: Section 80
. Right to Attend School.
AS 14.03.078. Report.
The department shall provide to the legislature by February 15 of each year an annual report regarding the progress of
each school and school district toward high academic performance by all students. The report required under this
section must include
- (1) information described under AS 14.03.120
- (2) the number and percentage of students in each school who pass the examination required under AS 14.03.075
, and the number who pass each section of the examination;
- (3) progress of the department
- (A) toward implementing the school accountability provisions of AS 14.03.123; and
- (B) in assisting high schools to become accredited;
- (4) a description of the resources provided to each school and school district for coordinated school improvement
activities and staff training in each school and school district;
- (5) each school district's and each school's progress in aligning curriculum with state education performance standards;
- (6) a description of the efforts by the department to assist a public school that receives a designation of deficient or
- (7) a description of intervention efforts by each school district and school for students who are not meeting state
- (8) the number and percentage of turnover in certificated personnel and superintendents;
- (9) the number of teachers by district and by school who are teaching outside the teacher's area of endorsement but in
areas tested by the high school competency examination.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.