Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 3. Public Schools Generally
- Section 77. High School Diploma For Certain Veterans.
previous: Section 75
. Secondary Student Competency Testing.
next: Section 78
AS 14.03.077. High School Diploma For Certain Veterans.
- (a) Notwithstanding other provisions of this chapter, the commissioner shall award a high school diploma to a person who
- (1) makes application under (b) of this section; if a person is deceased or incapacitated, an immediate family member may
apply on behalf of the person;
- (2) never received a high school diploma; and
- (3) actively served in the United States armed forces or the Alaska Territorial Guard during the period of August 7, 1940,
through July 25, 1947, and
- (A) died in active service;
- (B) was honorably discharged; or
- (C) was released from active duty because of a service-related disability.
- (b) The commissioner shall provide a form or electronic format for a person to apply under this section. The commissioner
may accept an affidavit to support the award if documentation is not readily available from the military or other
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.