Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 20. Alaska Nonprofit Corporation Act
- Section 46. Service On Corporation.
previous: Section 41
. Change of Location or Resignation of Registered Agent.
next: Section 51
. Members and Liability of Directors, Officers, Employees, and Members.
AS 10.20.046. Service On Corporation.
- (a) The registered agent of a corporation is an agent upon whom process, notice or demand required or permitted by law to
be served upon the corporation may be served.
- (b) Whenever a corporation fails to appoint or maintain a registered agent in the state, the commissioner is an agent of
the corporation upon whom the process, notice, or demand may be served. Service is made upon the commissioner as agent
by leaving with the commissioner, or with a clerk having charge of the corporation department of the commissioner's
office, duplicate copies of the process, notice or demand. When process, notice or demand is served on the
commissioner, the commissioner shall immediately forward a copy of it by registered mail to the corporation at its
registered office. Service on the commissioner is returnable in not less than 30 days.
- (c) The commissioner shall keep a record of processes, notices, and demands served on the commissioner. The record must
show the time of service and the commissioner's action with reference to the service.
- (d) This chapter does not limit or affect the right to serve process, notice or demand required or permitted by law to be
served upon a corporation in any other manner permitted by law.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.