Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 845. Biennial Corporation Tax; Penalty For Nonpayment.
previous: Section 843
. Other Filing Fees.
next: Section 848
. Failure to Pay Tax or Make Report as Precluding Suit By Corporation.
AS 10.06.845. Biennial Corporation Tax; Penalty For Nonpayment.
- (a) A domestic corporation and a foreign corporation doing business in this state or having its articles of incorporation
on file with the department shall, before January 2 of each filing year, pay to the commissioner a biennial corporation
tax as follows: domestic corporation, $100; foreign corporation, $200. A corporation that fails to pay the biennial
corporation tax before February 1 of the filing year must pay to the commissioner a penalty of $25 for each year or
part of a year of delinquency.
- (b) Proof to the satisfaction of the commissioner that on or before February 1 the tax or report was deposited in the
United States mail in a sealed envelope, properly addressed, with postage prepaid, is compliance with (a) of this
- (c) Corporate entities organized under AS 10.20 are not required to
pay the biennial corporation tax imposed by this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.