Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 848. Failure to Pay Tax or Make Report as Precluding Suit By Corporation.
previous: Section 845
. Biennial Corporation Tax; Penalty For Nonpayment.
next: Section 850
. Commissioner to Institute Suits to Compel Payment.
AS 10.06.848. Failure to Pay Tax or Make Report as Precluding Suit By Corporation.
- (a) A domestic or foreign corporation may not commence a suit, action, or proceeding in a court in this state without
alleging and proving at the time it commences the suit, action, or proceeding that it has paid its biennial corporation
tax last due and has filed its biennial report for the last reporting period. A certificate of the payment of the
biennial corporation tax and filing of the biennial report is prima facie evidence of the payment of the tax and the
filing of the biennial report. The commissioner shall issue the certificate or a duplicate for a fee established by the
department by regulation.
- (b) A corporation that is dissolved involuntarily may commence an action under AS 10.06.675
without complying with (a) of this section.
- (c) A foreign or domestic corporation that satisfies (a) of this section but is dissolved after commencing the suit,
action, or proceeding may continue to maintain the action after the dissolution.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.