The following persons may take an oath, affirmation, or acknowledgment in the state:
(1) a justice, judge, or magistrate of a court of the State of Alaska or of the United States;
(2) a clerk or deputy clerk of a court of the State of Alaska or of the United States;
(3) a notary public;
(4) a United States postmaster;
(5) a commissioned officer under AS 09.63.050(4);
(6) a municipal clerk carrying out the clerk’s duties under AS 29.20.380;
(7) the lieutenant governor when carrying out the lieutenant governor’s duties under AS 24.05.160;
(8) the presiding officer of each legislative house when carrying out the officer’s duties under AS 24.05.170.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 09.63.020. Certification of documents.
- Sec. 09.63.030. Notarization.
- Sec. 09.63.040. Verification.
- Sec. 09.63.050. Recognition of notarial acts performed outside the state.
- Sec. 09.63.060. Authentication of authority of officer.
- Sec. 09.63.070. Certificate of person taking acknowledgment.
- Sec. 09.63.080. Recognition of certificate of acknowledgment.
- Sec. 09.63.090. Certificate of acknowledgment.
- Sec. 09.63.100. Forms of acknowledgment.
- Sec. 09.63.110. Uniformity of interpretation.
- Sec. 09.63.120. Definition.
- Sec. 09.63.130. Short title.