Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 63. Oath, Acknowledgment, and Other Proof
- Section 50. Recognition of Notarial Acts Performed Outside the State.
previous: Section 40
next: Section 60
. Authentication of Authority of Officer.
AS 09.63.050. Recognition of Notarial Acts Performed Outside the State.
Notarial acts may be performed outside the state for use in the state with the same effect as if performed by a notary
public of the state by
- (1) a notary public authorized to perform notarial acts in the place in which the act is performed;
- (2) a justice, judge, magistrate, clerk, or deputy clerk of a court of record in the place in which the notarial act is
- (3) an officer of the foreign service of the United States, a consular agent, or a person authorized by regulation of the
United States Department of State to perform notarial acts in the place in which the act is performed;
- (4) a commissioned officer in active service with the armed forces of the United States or a person authorized by
regulation of the armed forces to perform notarial acts if the notarial act is performed for a merchant seaman of the
United States, a member of the armed forces of the United States, a person serving with or accompanying the armed
forces of the United States, or their dependents; or
- (5) a person authorized to perform notarial acts in the place in which the act is performed.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.