Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 43. Arbitration
- Section 310. Effect of Agreement to Arbitrate; Nonwaivable Provisions.
previous: Section 300
next: Section 320
. Application For Judicial Relief.
AS 09.43.310. Effect of Agreement to Arbitrate; Nonwaivable Provisions.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in (b) and (c) of this section, a party to an agreement to arbitrate or arbitration
proceeding may waive, or the parties may vary the effect of, the requirements of AS 09.43.300
- 09.43.595 to the extent permitted by law.
- (b) Before a controversy arises that is subject to an agreement to arbitrate, a party to the agreement may not
- (1) waive or agree to vary the effect of the requirements of AS 09.43.320, 09.43.330(a) or (b), 09.43.350, 09.43.440(a) or (b), 09.43.530, or 09.43.550;
- (2) agree to unreasonably restrict the right under AS 09.43.360
to notice of the initiation of an arbitration proceeding;
- (3) agree to unreasonably restrict the right under AS 09.43.390
to disclosure of any facts by a neutral arbitrator; or
- (4) waive the right under AS 09.43.430
of a party to an agreement to arbitrate to be represented by an attorney at a proceeding or hearing under AS 09.43.300
- 09.43.595, but an employer and a labor organization
may waive the right to representation by an attorney in a labor arbitration.
- (c) A party to an agreement to arbitrate or arbitration proceeding may not waive, or the parties may not vary the effect
of, the requirements of this section, AS 09.43.300
(a), (c), or (d), 09.43.340, 09.43.410, 09.43.450, 09.43.470(d) or (e), 09.43.490, 09.43.500, 09.43.510, 09.43.520, 09.43.560, or 09.43.570.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.