Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 43. Arbitration
- Section 510. Modification or Correction of Award.
previous: Section 500
. Vacating Award.
next: Section 520
. Judgment On Award.
AS 09.43.510. Modification or Correction of Award.
- (a) On application made within 90 days after the applicant receives notice of the award under AS 09.43.460
or within 90 days after the applicant receives notice of a modified or corrected award under AS 09.43.470, the court shall modify or correct the award if
- (1) there was an evident mathematical miscalculation or an evident mistake in the description of a person, thing, or
property referred to in the award;
- (2) the arbitrator has made an award on a claim not submitted to the arbitrator and the award may be corrected without
affecting the merits of the decision on the claims submitted; or
- (3) the award is imperfect in a matter of form not affecting the merits of the decision on the claims submitted.
- (b) If an application made under (a) of this section is granted, the court shall modify or correct and confirm the award
as modified or corrected. Otherwise, unless an application to vacate is pending, the court shall confirm the award.
- (c) An application to modify or correct an award under this section may be joined with an application to vacate the award.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.