Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 32. Dental Hygienists
- Section 160. Grounds For Discipline, Suspension, or Revocation of License.
previous: Section 150
. Revocation of Dentist's License. [Repealed, Sec. 32 Ch 49 SLA 1980. For Current Law, See AS 08.36.315
next: Section 165
. Limits or Conditions On License; Discipline.
AS 08.32.160. Grounds For Discipline, Suspension, or Revocation of License.
The board may revoke or suspend the license of a dental hygienist, or may reprimand, censure, or discipline a licensee,
if, after a hearing, the board finds that the licensee
- (1) used or knowingly cooperated in deceit, fraud, or intentional misrepresentation to obtain a license or registration;
- (2) engaged in deceit, fraud, or intentional misrepresentation in the course of providing or billing for professional
services or engaging in professional activities;
- (3) advertised professional services in a false or misleading manner;
- (4) has been convicted of a felony or other crime that affects the licensee's ability to continue to practice competently
- (5) failed to comply with this chapter, with a regulation adopted under this chapter or under AS 08.36, or with an order of the board;
- (6) continued to practice after becoming unfit due to
- (A) professional incompetence;
- (B) addiction or dependence on alcohol or other drugs that impairs the licensee's ability to practice safely;
- (C) physical or mental disability;
- (D) failure to keep informed of or use current professional theories and practices;
- (7) engaged in lewd or immoral conduct in connection with the delivery of professional service to patients;
- (8) performed clinical procedures for compensation without being under the supervision of a licensed dentist.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.