Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 36. Dentistry
- Section 315. Grounds For Discipline, Suspension, or Revocation of License.
previous: Section 310
. Grounds For Revocation of License. [Repealed, Sec. 32 Ch 49 SLA 1980].
next: Section 317
. Civil Fine Authority.
AS 08.36.315. Grounds For Discipline, Suspension, or Revocation of License.
The board may revoke or suspend the license of a dentist, or may reprimand, censure, or discipline a dentist, or both,
if the board finds after a hearing that the dentist
- (1) used or knowingly cooperated in deceit, fraud, or intentional misrepresentation to obtain a license;
- (2) engaged in deceit, fraud, or intentional misrepresentation in the course of providing or billing for professional
dental services or engaging in professional activities;
- (3) advertised professional dental services in a false or misleading manner;
- (4) received compensation for referring a person to another dentist or dental practice;
- (5) has been convicted of a felony or other crime that affects the dentist's ability to continue to practice dentistry
competently and safely;
- (6) engaged in the performance of patient care, or permitted the performance of patient care by persons under the
dentist's supervision, that does not conform to minimum professional standards of dentistry regardless of whether
actual injury to the patient occurred;
- (7) failed to comply with this chapter, with a regulation adopted under this chapter, or with an order of the board;
- (8) continued to practice after becoming unfit due to
- (A) professional incompetence;
- (B) failure to keep informed of or use current professional theories or practices;
- (C) addiction or dependence on alcohol or other drugs that impairs the dentist's ability to practice safely;
- (D) physical or mental disability;
- (9) engaged in lewd or immoral conduct in connection with the delivery of professional service to patients;
- (10) permitted a dental hygienist or dental assistant who is employed by the dentist or working under the dentist's
supervision to perform a dental procedure in violation of AS 08.32.110
or AS 08.36.070
- (11) failed to report to the board a death that occurred on the premises used for the practice of dentistry within 48
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.