Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 13. Barbers and Hairdressers
- Section 215. Notification Requirements For Tattooing and Permanent Cosmetic Coloring and For Body Piercing.
previous: Section 210
. Health and Sanitary Conditions.
next: Section 217
. Tattooing and Permanent Cosmetic Coloring or Body Piercing On a Minor.
AS 08.13.215. Notification Requirements For Tattooing and Permanent Cosmetic Coloring and For Body Piercing.
- (a) Before performing a tattooing and permanent cosmetic coloring procedure or a body piercing procedure on a client, a
practitioner shall give written educational information, approved by the board, to the client.
- (b) After completing a tattooing and permanent cosmetic coloring procedure or a body piercing procedure on a client, the
practitioner shall give written aftercare instructions, approved by the board, to the client. The written instructions
- (1) must include advice to the client to consult a physician at the first sign of infection;
- (2) must contain the name, address, and telephone number of the shop where the procedure was performed;
- (3) shall be signed and dated by the client and the practitioner; the practitioner shall keep the original and provide a
copy to the client.
- (c) The owner of a shop for tattooing and permanent cosmetic coloring or for body piercing shall prominently display
- (1) a copy of the statement provided by the board under AS 08.13.030(b) that advises the public of the health risks
and possible consequences of tattooing and permanent cosmetic coloring or body piercing, as applicable;
- (2) the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the Department of Commerce,
Community, and Economic Development and the Department of Environmental Conservation and a description of how a
complaint about the shop or a practitioner in the shop may be filed with either entity or with the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.