Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 13. Barbers and Hairdressers
- Section 210. Health and Sanitary Conditions.
previous: Section 200
. Deposit of Receipts. [Repealed, Sec. 54 Ch 37 SLA 1985].
next: Section 215
. Notification Requirements For Tattooing, Permanent Cosmetic Coloring and Body Piercing.
AS 08.13.210. Health and Sanitary Conditions.
- (a) Health and sanitary conditions in shops and schools of
- (1) barbering, hairdressing, hair braiding, manicuring, and esthetics, shall be supervised by the board;
- (2) tattooing, permanent cosmetic coloring, and body piercing shall be supervised by the Department of Environmental Conservation.
- (b) The Department of Environmental Conservation shall conduct an annual inspection of each shop licensed for the practice
of tattooing, permanent cosmetic coloring or body piercing to ensure that the shop meets the
department's standards of cleanliness and sanitation established under AS 44.46.020
. If the Department of Environmental Conservation determines that the shop is not in compliance with a regulation of
the department, the department shall report the violation to the board and take appropriate action under its own
All content © 2023 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2022. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.