Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 13. Barbers and Hairdressers
- Section 217. Tattooing and Permanent Cosmetic Coloring or Body Piercing On a Minor.
previous: Section 215
. Notification Requirements For Tattooing and Permanent Cosmetic Coloring and For Body Piercing.
next: Section 220
AS 08.13.217. Tattooing and Permanent Cosmetic Coloring or Body Piercing On a Minor.
- (a) A person may not practice tattooing and permanent cosmetic coloring on a minor.
- (b) A person may not practice body piercing on a minor without prior written permission from the minor's parent or legal
guardian and the presence of the parent or legal guardian during the body piercing procedure. The person who performs
the body piercing shall keep a copy of the written permission on file for at least three years.
- (c) A person who with criminal negligence violates this section is guilty of a class B misdemeanor. In this subsection,
"criminal negligence" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.