Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 11. Audiologists and Speech Pathologists
- Section 125. Speech Pathology Exemptions.
previous: Section 120
. Audiology Exemptions.
next: Section 130
. Administrative Procedure Act.
AS 08.11.125. Speech Pathology Exemptions.
- (a) Except as otherwise specifically provided in this section, this chapter does not apply to an individual who practices
speech-language pathology as part of the individual's duties as
- (1) a physician licensed under AS 08.64;
- (2) an employee of, or contractor with, a school district while practicing speech-language pathology for the school
- (3) a student, intern, or resident pursuing a course of study in speech-language pathology at an accredited college or a
clinical training facility approved by the department if the activities of the student, intern, or resident constitute
part of a supervised course of study and the student, intern, or resident is designated as a "speech-language pathology
intern," "speech-language pathology trainee," or other title approved by the department that clearly indicates that the
person is training to be a speech-language pathologist.
- (b) An individual who is not licensed as a speech-language pathologist but who is exempt under (a)(1) or (3) of this
section may not use a title or description stating or implying that the person is a speech-language pathologist.
- (c) An individual who is not licensed under this chapter but who teaches the practice of speech-language pathology in a
speech-language pathology training program at a college or university may use the title "speech-language pathologist"
but may not practice speech-language pathology.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.