Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 40. Premium Financing Act
- Section 50. Application For License; Fee; Disclosure For Child Support Purposes; Interrogatories; Refusal to Issue or Continue License.
previous: Section 40
. Annual License Fee.
next: Section 60
. Place of Business.
AS 06.40.050. Application For License; Fee; Disclosure For Child Support Purposes; Interrogatories; Refusal to Issue or Continue License.
- (a) Application for a license under this chapter shall be in writing and in the form prescribed by the department. If the
applicant is a natural person, the application form must require submission of the applicant's social security number.
- (b) All reasonable investigation expenses incurred by the department in processing an application for approval of a
proposed premium finance company shall be charged to and paid by the applicant in accordance with AS 06.01.010
. At the time of submitting the application to the department, the applicant shall pay to the department $500 in
partial payment of the investigation expenses incurred by the department. If the investigation expenses incurred by
the department do not exceed $500, the remainder shall be promptly refunded to the applicant.
- (c) The person to whom the license may be or is issued shall file sworn answers to interrogatories required by the
commissioner. The commissioner shall have authority, at any time, to require the licensee fully to disclose the
identity of all directors, partners, officers, and managerial employees. The commissioner may refuse to issue or
continue a license in the name of any firm or corporation if the commissioner determines that any officer, employee,
stockholder, or partner of the firm or corporation who may materially influence the licensee's conduct does not meet
the requirements of this chapter.
- (d) All premium finance licenses shall continue in force until suspended or revoked, subject to the payment by the
licensee of the annual license fee and to the licensee being in compliance with other provisions of this chapter.
- (e) Upon request, the department shall provide a social security number submitted under (a) of this section to the child
support services agency created in AS 25.27.010
, or the child support agency of another state, for child support purposes authorized under law.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.