Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 1. Administration
- Section 10. Examination and Investigation Fees and Assessments.
previous: Chapter 1
next: Section 15
AS 06.01.010. Examination and Investigation Fees and Assessments.
- (a) The expenses of the department reasonably incurred in the examination or investigation of all financial institutions
or applications to establish financial institutions regulated by the department under this title shall be charged to
and paid by each financial institution as provided in (b) and (d) of this section.
- (b) Except for deposit institutions, the commissioner shall assess every financial institution and every applicant to
establish a financial institution a fee for the actual expenses necessarily incurred by the department in connection
with any examination or investigation, whether regular or special. The commissioner shall assess every deposit
institution and every applicant to establish a deposit institution a fee for the actual expenses necessarily incurred
by the department in connection with any special examination or investigation. A fee assessed under this subsection
must include the proportionate part of the salaries and cost of employee benefits of the examiners while conducting
examinations or investigations and while preparing reports of them, and transportation costs and per diem of each
examiner while away from the examiner's duty station. The cost to the financial institution in connection with an
examination may not exceed the actual cost to the department of the examination. The assessment shall be made by the
commissioner as soon as feasible after the examination or investigation has been completed. The assessment must be
received by the department within 30 days after receipt of notice of the assessment by the institution.
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 102 ch 26 SLA 1993].
- (d) The commissioner shall adopt regulations providing for semiannual assessments of deposit institutions. An assessment
must be based on the amount of assets of a deposit institution and must cover, but may not exceed, the aggregate cost
of periodic examinations of the deposit institution.
- (e) An exam fee or other charge assessed to a state financial institution under this section may not exceed a fee or other
charge assessed for the same type of exam or service to a similarly situated federally-chartered financial institution.
- (f) In this section "deposit institution" means a state financial institution that has obtained authority from the
department to receive deposits of the type eligible to be insured by an agency of the federal government.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.