Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 5. Amusements and Sports
- Chapter 15. Games of Chance and Contests of Skill
- Section 188. Pull-Tab Sales By Vendors On Behalf of Permittees; Vendor Registration.
previous: Section 187
. Operation of Pull-Tab Games.
next: Section 190
. - 05.15.198. [Renumbered as AS 05.15.600
AS 05.15.188. Pull-Tab Sales By Vendors On Behalf of Permittees; Vendor Registration.
- (a) A permittee may contract with a vendor to sell pull-tabs on behalf of the permittee, if the permittee first registers
the vendor with the department by applying for registration on a form prescribed by the department and by submitting
the registration fee of $50 for each location at which the vendor will sell pull-tabs.
- (b) Upon approval of the vendor registration, the department shall issue an endorsement to the permittee's permit that
authorizes the conduct of pull-tab sales at that vendor location.
- (c) The endorsement issued under (b) of this section is an extension of the permittee's privilege under AS 05.15.100
to conduct pull-tab sales in this state. A vendor may not sell a pull-tab series until a copy of the permit containing
the endorsement for the new vendor location has been posted by the permittee in the registered vendor establishment.
The endorsed permit must be clearly visible to the gaming public.
- (d) A separate endorsement shall be issued for each vendor location. The permittee shall inform the department when a
vendor with whom the permittee is contracting changes the physical location at which pull-tabs are sold, and shall
return to the department all copies of a permit endorsed to a vendor that is no longer selling pull-tabs on behalf of
the permittee. Failure to inform the department of a change in vendor location, or to return the endorsed copies of a
permit to the department after a vendor change, may constitute grounds for the suspension or revocation of a
- (e) At the time that a permittee annually renews its permit, it shall also renew the registration of all locations where a
vendor is selling pull-tabs on the permittee's behalf and shall pay a registration fee of $50 for each vendor location.
- (f) A permittee that uses a vendor to sell pull-tabs on its behalf shall enter into a written contract with that vendor.
The department may inspect this contract. If the contract contains provisions that violate this chapter or the
regulations adopted under it, the department may declare the contract void, and may suspend or revoke the registration
of the vendor and the permit of the permittee.
- (g) A person, other than a permittee's member-in-charge, may not directly supply a pull-tab series to a registered vendor
for sale by that vendor on behalf of the permittee.
- (h) If a permittee contracts with a vendor under (a) of this section, the contract must provide that the permittee shall
receive no less than 70 percent of the ideal net.
- (i) An amount equal to the ideal net less the compensation owed to the vendor shall be paid by the vendor to the
member-in-charge upon delivery of a pull-tab series to the vendor for sale. The amount required to be paid by the
vendor shall be paid by check and the check may not be drawn in a manner that the payee is not identified.
- (j) An operator may not contract with or use a vendor to sell pull-tabs.
- (k) A permittee may not contract with more than five vendors under this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.