Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 5. Amusements and Sports
- Chapter 15. Games of Chance and Contests of Skill
- Section 187. Operation of Pull-Tab Games.
previous: Section 185
. Distribution of Pull-Tab Games.
next: Section 188
. Pull-Tab Sales By Vendors On Behalf of Permittees; Vendor Registration.
AS 05.15.187. Operation of Pull-Tab Games.
- (a) A municipality or qualified organization may operate pull-tab games. Pull-tabs shall be obtained from a licensed
- (b) A pull-tab series may not be sold at more than one location during the same day.
- (c) Pull-tabs from different series may not be mixed or combined, unless 10 percent or less of a series remains unsold, in
which case, the remaining pull-tabs may be combined with a different series having an identical price and prize
- (d) A pull-tab series may not be withdrawn from sale until all pull-tabs in the series are sold, except that a pull-tab
series may be withdrawn from sale if a manufacturing defect exists in the series and the department is notified of the
defect and of the withdrawal from sale within a period established by regulation by the department.
- (e) Pull-tabs may not be sold to a person under the age of 21 years. A person under the age of 21 years may not purchase a
- (f) Each permittee that had gross receipts exceeding $100,000 during the preceding year from activities conducted under
this chapter or that is required to report under AS 05.15.080
(a), that conducts a pull-tab game shall maintain records for two years of each prize of $50 or more, the first day and
last day that each series was distributed, the serial number of each series, and the distributor from whom each series
was purchased. In this section "permittee" includes municipalities and qualified organizations that jointly hold a
- (g) Notwithstanding other provisions of this chapter, a pull-tab game that confers an additional right upon all or some of
the purchasers of a pull-tab series to participate in a lottery for additional prizes may not be conducted in the state
unless a surety bond in the amount of $250,000 conditioned upon payment of all prizes and awards when due is submitted
to the department by the operator or authorizing permittee and approved by the attorney general.
- (h) An owner, manager, or employee of a person holding a permit or license under this chapter, or registered under this
chapter as a vendor, may not purchase a pull-tab from a pull-tab series manufactured, distributed, or sold by the
permittee, licensee, or registered vendor.
- (i) A permittee, operator, or registered vendor may not turn over a prize of $50 or more to a person with a pull-tab card
entitling the person to that prize unless the person signs a receipt for the prize and returns the receipt to the
permittee, operator, or vendor. The receipt must be in a form approved by the department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.