Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 4. Alcoholic Beverages
- Chapter 16. Regulation of Sales and Distribution
- Section 50. Possession, Control, or Consumption By Persons Under the Age of 21.
previous: Section 49
. Access of Persons Under the Age of 21 to Licensed Premises.
next: Section 51
. Furnishing or Delivery of Alcoholic Beverages to Persons Under the Age of 21.
AS 04.16.050. Possession, Control, or Consumption By Persons Under the Age of 21.
- (a) A person under 21 years of age may not knowingly consume, possess, or control alcoholic beverages except those
furnished persons under AS 04.16.051
- (b) A person under 21 years of age who knowingly consumes, possesses, or controls an alcoholic beverage
other than an alcoholic beverage furnished under AS 04.16.051(b)
commits the offense of minor consuming or in possession or control.
- (c) Minor consuming or in possession or control is a violation, punishable by a fine of $500. The violation
must be charged and filed with the court as a separate case and may not be combined or joined with any other minor offense or
criminal charge in one action at the time of filing. A court may reduce the fine to $50 for a person who has not more than one
previous violation or to $250 for a person who has two or more previous violations if the person provides the court, not later than
six months after a judgment of conviction is entered, with proof of completion of
- (1) an alcohol safety action program or a juvenile alcohol safety action program developed, designated, or
approved by the Department of Health under AS 47.37; or
- (2) a community diversion panel.
All content © 2023 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2022. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.