- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 40. Public Records and Recorders
- Chapter 15. Subdivisions and Dedications
- Section 900. Definitions.
previous: Section 380
. Applicability to Governmental Bodies; Right-of-Way Acquisition Plats.
next: Chapter 17
. Recording of Documents
AS 40.15.900. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "commissioner" means the commissioner of natural resources;
- (2) "monument" means a fixed physical object marking a point on the surface of the earth used to commence or control a
survey or to establish a lot corner;
- (3) "plat" means a map or delineated representation of a tract or parcel of land showing the subdivision of land into
lots, blocks, streets, or other divisions;
- (4) "street" means an access way in common use including all of the land lying within a dedicated right-of-way as
delineated on a plat showing streets, whether improved or unimproved;
- (5) "subdivision"
- (A) means the division of a tract or parcel of land into two or more lots by the landowner or by the creation of public
access, excluding common carrier and public utility access;
- (B) does not include cadastral plats or cadastral control plats created by or on behalf of the United States Department of
the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, regardless of whether these plats include easements or other public
- (6) "surveyor" means an individual licensed to practice land surveying in the state under AS 08.48.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.