- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 40. Public Records and Recorders
- Chapter 15. Subdivisions and Dedications
- Section 380. Applicability to Governmental Bodies; Right-of-Way Acquisition Plats.
previous: Section 370
next: Section 900
AS 40.15.380. Applicability to Governmental Bodies; Right-of-Way Acquisition Plats.
- (a) Except as provided in this section and AS 40.15.300
(g), AS 40.15.300 - 40.15.380 apply to the state, its agencies,
instrumentalities, and political subdivisions in the same manner and to the same extent that they apply to other
- (b) A plat for a subdivision created by the acquisition by the state, its agencies, instrumentalities, or political
subdivisions, of a right-of-way, airport parcel, or land for a similar public purpose in an area outside a municipality
that has the power of land use regulation and that is exercising platting authority, is subject only to the approval
provisions of this section and any provision of AS 40.15.300 - 40.15.380 not in conflict with this section.
- (c) A right-of-way acquisition plat must contain the
- (1) location and name of the acquisition project;
- (2) approximate timetable for the acquisition and construction;
- (3) dimensions and area of the proposed tract, parcel, or parcels to be acquired and the remainder of the parcel or
- (4) name of the record owner or owners of the subject parcels;
- (5) signature and seal of the surveyor preparing the plat.
- (d) The commissioner shall review each right-of-way acquisition plat for compliance with this section. If the plat does
not meet the requirements of this section, it shall be returned to the submitting agency with an explanation of the
deficiencies. A plat for which the commissioner's approval is required under AS 40.15.305
may not be recorded under AS 40.17 without the commissioner's
approval endorsed on the plat.
- (e) After approval by the commissioner, the original plat shall be filed with the appropriate district recorder within 30
days by the submitting agency.
- (f) The minimum monumentation requirements for
- (1) right-of-way acquisition subdivisions are a 5/8 inch by 24 inch reinforcement bar with appropriate identification cap
set points from which the right-of-way may be defined, not exceeding 1,320 feet or, when line of sight permits, 2,640
feet; all recovered monumented property corners of records, the lines of which are intersected by a right-of-way
acquisition, shall be monumented as part of the right-of-way plat, either on the right-of-way line or at the original
- (2) an airport parcel and land for a similar public purpose subdivision not defined by centerline shall be as provided in
- (g) If construction of improvements is scheduled to follow the right-of-way acquisition, the placement of the centerline
monuments may be delayed until the improvements have been completed, in which case a statement designating the schedule
for placing the monuments must be included on the plat.
- (h) The state, its agencies, instrumentalities, or political subdivisions may acquire or obtain conveyances, including
dedication of lots or tracts of a right-of-way acquisition plat, before submittal of a right-of-way acquisition plat
for approval by the commissioner. A right-of-way acquisition conveyance may be recorded before approval and recording
of the right-of-way acquisition plat.
Article 05. GENERAL PROVISIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.