- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 3. Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
- Section 20. Terms and Conditions of Rental Agreement.
previous: Section 10
. Purpose and Construction.
next: Section 30
. Effect of Unsigned or Undelivered Rental Agreement.
AS 34.03.020. Terms and Conditions of Rental Agreement.
- (a) The landlord and tenant may include in a rental agreement clauses and conditions not prohibited by this chapter or by
law, including rent, terms of agreement, and other provisions governing the rights and obligations of the parties.
- (b) In the absence of agreement, the tenant shall pay as rent the fair rental value for the use and occupancy of the
- (c) Rent shall be payable without demand or notice at the time and place agreed upon by the parties. Unless otherwise
agreed, rent is payable at the dwelling unit. Unless otherwise agreed, rent is payable at the beginning of any term of
one month or less and otherwise in equal monthly installments. Unless otherwise agreed, rent shall be uniformly
apportionable from day to day and shall be paid on the date the periodic tenancy begins and payable on or before the
same date of each and every month thereafter until the tenancy terminates.
- (d) Unless the rental agreement fixes a definite term, the tenancy shall be week to week in the case of a tenant who pays
weekly rent, and in all other cases month to month.
- (e) If required by the landlord, the landlord and the tenant shall include within the rental agreement, incorporate by
reference in the rental agreement, or add as a separate attachment to the rental agreement a premises condition
statement, setting out the condition of the premises, including fixtures but excluding reference to any of the other
contents of the premises, and, if applicable, a contents inventory itemizing or describing all of the furnishings and
other contents of the premises and specifying the condition of each of them. In the premises condition statement and
contents inventory, the parties shall describe the premises and its contents at the commencement of the term of the
period of the occupancy covered by the rental agreement. When signed by the parties, the premises condition statement
and contents inventory completed under this subsection become part of the rental agreement.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.