- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 46. Special Assessments
- Section 130. Interim Financing.
previous: Section 120
. Objection and Appeal.
next: Section 140
. Special Assessment Bonds.
AS 29.46.130. Interim Financing.
- (a) A municipality may provide by resolution or ordinance for the issuance of notes in payment of the costs of a local
improvement project, payable out of special assessments for the improvement. The notes shall bear interest at a rate or
rates authorized by the resolution or ordinance, and shall be redeemed either in cash or bonds for the improvement
- (b) Notes issued against assessments shall be claims against the assessments that are prior and superior to a right, lien
or claim of a surety on the bond given to the municipality to secure the performance of its contract for a local
improvement project, or to secure the payment of persons who have performed work or furnished materials under the
- (c) The municipal treasurer may accept notes against special assessments on conditions prescribed by the governing body in
- (1) assessments against which the notes were issued in order of priority;
- (2) judgments rendered against property owners who have become delinquent in the payment of assessments; and
- (3) certificates of purchase when property has been sold under execution or at tax sale for failure to pay the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.