Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 20. Municipal Officers and Employees
- Section 630. Prohibited Discrimination.
previous: Section 620
. Compensation For Elected Officials.
next: Section 640
AS 29.20.630. Prohibited Discrimination.
- (a) A person may not be appointed to or removed from municipal office or in any way favored or discriminated against with
respect to a municipal position or municipal employment because of the person's race, color, sex, creed, national
origin or, unless otherwise contrary to law, because of the person's political opinions or affiliations.
- (b) Subject to AS 14.14.140
, a state employee or school district employee may not be denied the right to serve as an elected municipal official
because of employment by the state or a school district. For purposes of this subsection a school district employee is
not a municipal employee.
- (c) This section applies to home rule and general law municipalities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.