Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 21. Foreign Personal Representatives; Ancillary Administration
- Section 65. Service On Foreign Personal Representative; Time Allowed For Appearing or Responding.
previous: Section 60
. Jurisdiction By Act of Decedent.
next: Section 75
. Effect of Adjudication For or Against Personal Representative.
AS 13.21.065. Service On Foreign Personal Representative; Time Allowed For Appearing or Responding.
- (a) Service of process may be made upon the foreign personal representative by registered or certified mail, addressed to
the representative's last reasonably ascertainable address, requesting a return receipt signed by addressee only.
Notice by ordinary first-class mail is sufficient if registered or certified mail service to the addressee is
unavailable. Service may be made upon a foreign personal representative in the manner in which service could have been
made under other laws of this state on either the foreign personal representative or the decedent immediately before
- (b) If service is made upon a foreign personal representative as provided in (a) of this section, the representative shall
be allowed at least 30 days within which to appear or respond.
Article 04. JUDGMENTS AND PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.