Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 12. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
- Section 207. Surviving Spouse's Property and Nonprobate Transfers to Others.
previous: Section 206
. Decedent's Nonprobate Transfers to the Surviving Spouse.
next: Section 208
. Exclusions, Valuation, and Overlapping Application.
AS 13.12.207. Surviving Spouse's Property and Nonprobate Transfers to Others.
- (a) Except to the extent included in the augmented estate under AS 13.12.204 or 13.12.206, the value of the augmented estate includes the
- (1) property that was owned by the decedent's surviving spouse at the decedent's death, including
- (A) the surviving spouse's fractional interest in property held in joint tenancy with the right of survivorship;
- (B) the surviving spouse's ownership interest in property or accounts held in co-ownership registration with the right of
- (C) property that passed to the surviving spouse by reason of the decedent's death, but not including the spouse's right
to homestead allowance, family allowance, exempt property, or payments under 42 U.S.C. 301 - 1397f (Social Security
- (2) property that would have been included in the surviving spouse's nonprobate transfers to others, other than the
spouse's fractional and ownership interests included under (1)(A) or (B) of this subsection, had the spouse been the
- (b) Property included under this section is valued at the decedent's death, taking the fact that the decedent predeceased
the spouse into account, but, for purposes of (a)(1)(A) and (B) of this section, the values of the spouse's fractional
and ownership interests are determined immediately before the decedent's death if the decedent was then a joint tenant
or a co-owner of the property or accounts. For purposes of (a)(2) of this section, proceeds of insurance that would
have been included in the spouse's nonprobate transfers to others under AS 13.12.205
(1)(D) are not valued as if the spouse were deceased.
- (c) The value of property included under this section is reduced by enforceable claims against the surviving spouse.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.