Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 12. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
- Section 206. Decedent's Nonprobate Transfers to the Surviving Spouse.
previous: Section 205
. Decedent's Nonprobate Transfers to Others.
next: Section 207
. Surviving Spouse's Property and Nonprobate Transfers to Others.
AS 13.12.206. Decedent's Nonprobate Transfers to the Surviving Spouse.
Excluding property passing to the surviving spouse under 42 U.S.C. 301 - 1397f (Social Security Act), the value of the
augmented estate includes the value of the decedent's nonprobate transfers to the decedent's surviving spouse, which
consist of all property that passed outside probate at the decedent's death from the decedent to the surviving spouse
by reason of the decedent's death, including:
- (1) the decedent's fractional interest in property held as a joint tenant with the right of survivorship, to the extent
that the decedent's fractional interest passed to the surviving spouse as surviving joint tenant;
- (2) the decedent's ownership interest in property or accounts held in co- ownership registration with the right of
survivorship, to the extent the decedent's ownership interest passed to the surviving spouse as surviving co-owner; and
- (3) all other property that would have been included in the augmented estate under AS 13.12.205
(1) or (2) had it passed to or for the benefit of a person other than the decedent's spouse, the decedent's surviving
spouse, the decedent, or the decedent's creditors, estate, or estate creditors.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.