Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 43. Arbitration
- Section 10. Arbitration Agreements Valid; Application of Article.
previous: Chapter 43
next: Section 20
. Proceedings to Compel or Stay Arbitration.
AS 09.43.010. Arbitration Agreements Valid; Application of Article.
- (a) A written agreement to submit an existing controversy to arbitration or a provision in a written contract to submit to
arbitration a subsequent controversy between the parties is valid, enforceable, and irrevocable, except upon grounds
that exist at law or in equity for the revocation of a contract. However, AS 09.43.010
- 09.43.180 do not apply to a labor-management
contract unless they are incorporated into the contract by reference or their application is provided for by statute.
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, AS 09.43.010
- 09.43.180 do not apply to an agreement or a
contract unless the agreement or contract is entered into before January 1, 2005 and is not otherwise subject to AS 09.43.300
- 09.43.595. A person may not waive the effective
date of this subsection, and a waiver of the effective date of this subsection is void.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.