Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 88. Real Estate Brokers and Other Licensees
- Section 95. Education Requirements After Initial License.
previous: Section 91
. Education of Applicants and Licensees.
next: Section 98
. Education Requirements After Suspension.
AS 08.88.095. Education Requirements After Initial License.
- (a) [See delayed amendment note]. In addition to the continuing educational requirements of AS 08.88.091 (d), within one year after the date that the commission issues an initial license under this chapter, the licensee shall complete 20 hours of education approved by the commission under AS 08.88.091 .
- (b) On the document representing an initial license, the commission shall include clear and prominent language stating that the license is subject to the licensee's completion of the educational requirements within one year after the date of the issuance of the license.
- (c) Within 30 days after the end of the one-year period, the licensee shall submit, on a form provided by the commission, a certification that the licensee has completed the educational requirements.
- (d) After a licensee submits the completed form under (c) of this section and pays the required fee, the commission shall issue a new license document to the licensee that does not contain the language required by (b) of this section.
- (e) If a licensee fails to complete the educational requirements within the one-year period or to provide the certification required by (c) of this section, the license automatically lapses 30 days after the end of the one-year period. However, the commission may reinstate the license under AS 08.88.241.
- (f) Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, an individual who is issued an initial license as a real estate broker is not required to satisfy the educational requirements for that initial license if, immediately before the issuance, the individual is licensed as an associate real estate broker under this chapter.
- (g) In this section, "educational requirements" means the educational requirements of (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.