- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 27. Alaska Temporary Assistance Program
- Section 80. Appeals; Dispute Resolution.
previous: Section 75
. Emergency Account Established.
next: Section 85
. Sanctions; Recovery of Costs.
AS 47.27.080. Appeals; Dispute Resolution.
- (a) An applicant or participant who receives a determination from the department that denies, limits, or modifies the cash
assistance, diversion payment, or self-sufficiency services provided under this chapter may request a hearing before
the department or a representative of the department appointed for that purpose. If a representative is appointed, the
representative shall conduct the hearing under the regulations adopted by the department. The appeal is not subject to
AS 44.62.330 - 44.62.630.
- (b) The department may require an applicant or participant to participate in an informal dispute resolution process before
a formal hearing. The department may adopt regulations establishing the informal dispute resolution process.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.