- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 20. Special Services For Certain Children
- Section 110. Other Duties of the Department.
previous: Section 100
. Individualized Family Service Plan.
next: Section 290
AS 47.20.110. Other Duties of the Department.
- (a) The department shall adopt regulations necessary to implement AS 47.20.060 - 47.20.290, including regulations
- (1) for personnel development, including preservice and in-service training programs for providers of early intervention
- (2) to govern resolution of intra-agency and interagency disputes about the provision of services under AS 47.20.060 - 47.20.290 and
the financial responsibility of the respective parties for those services;
- (3) that ensure that services are provided to children and their families in a timely manner pending the resolution of
disputes among public agencies or service providers;
- (4) providing for due process with respect to the rights of children and parents who are eligible for services under AS 47.20.060 - 47.20.290; the regulations must provide that during the pendency of a complaint about a change in services, the child and
family shall continue to receive the prior services unless the state and the family otherwise agree, or, if the
complaint relates to an application for initial services, the child and family shall receive the services that are not
in dispute; and
- (5) for the award of grants under AS 47.20.060 - 47.20.290.
- (b) The department shall establish a system for compiling data on the numbers of children and their families in the state
who need early intervention services, the numbers being served, the types of services provided, and other information
as required under federal law. Personally identifiable information obtained under AS 47.20.060 - 47.20.290 is confidential for
purposes of AS 40.25.110
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.