- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 30. Water Quality Enhancement, Water Supply, Sewage, and Solid Waste Facilities Grants.
previous: Section 25
. Accounting and Disposition of Fees. [Repealed, Sec. 92 Ch 36 SLA 1990. For Current Provisions, See AS 37.05.142
next: Section 32
. Alaska Clean Water Fund.
AS 46.03.030. Water Quality Enhancement, Water Supply, Sewage, and Solid Waste Facilities Grants.
- (a) [Repealed, Sec. 19 ch 220 SLA 1976].
- (b) The department may grant to a municipality, as funds are available, a grant for any of the following:
- (1) a water quality enhancement project;
- (2) a public water supply, treatment, or distribution system;
- (3) a wastewater collection, treatment, or discharge system;
- (4) a solid waste processing, disposal, or resource recovery system.
- (c) There is a water quality enhancement and water supply, wastewater, and solid waste systems program created in the
department to carry out the purposes of this section.
- (d) The department shall, by regulation, identify those costs that are eligible costs for the purposes of this section.
Eligible costs do not include interest and financing and right-of-way acquisition, or costs that are related to the
operation, maintenance, or repair of a system.
- (e) A grant under this section to a municipality for a project funded by an appropriation made by the legislature
- (1) before July 1, 1994, may not exceed 50 percent of the eligible costs of the project;
- (2) after July 1, 1994, may not exceed
- (A) 85 percent of the eligible costs for a municipality with a population of 1,000 persons or less;
- (B) 70 percent of the eligible costs for a municipality with a population of 1,001 to 5,000 persons; and
- (C) 50 percent of the eligible costs for a municipality with a population greater than 5,000 persons; however, if a
municipality with a population greater than 5,000 persons seeks a grant for a project that relates to a solid waste
processing or disposal system that incorporates resource recovery, the department may provide a grant for up to 60
percent of the eligible costs of the project.
- (f) [Repealed, Sec. 14 ch 106 SLA 1994].
- (g) The match required for grants made under this section may include
- (1) federal funds; or
- (2) state funds, other than those funds received under this section or AS 37.06.
- (h) Construction of a project for which a grant is made under this section may commence only after the department has
approved in writing the plans and specifications for the project.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.