- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 10. Declaration of Policy.
previous: Chapter 3
. Environmental Conservation
next: Section 20
. Powers of the Department.
AS 46.03.010. Declaration of Policy.
- (a) It is the policy of the state to conserve, improve, and protect its natural resources and environment and control
water, land, and air pollution, in order to enhance the health, safety, and welfare of the people of the state and
their overall economic and social well-being.
- (b) It is the policy of the state to improve and coordinate the environmental plans, functions, powers, and programs of
the state, in cooperation with the federal government, regions, local governments, other public and private
organizations, and concerned individuals, and to develop and manage the basic resources of water, land, and air to the
end that the state may fulfill its responsibility as trustee of the environment for the present and future generations.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.